Already crashing all the network operators in India, Reliance Jio introduces MNP offer which will let you to move from your old network operator to Reliance Jio. The aim of Mukesh Ambani as he said in his speech too is to have about 100 million Jio customers in India and for this the company is making new ways to achieve it.
Mukesh Ambani already introduced Jio 4G plans in his speech and also MNP offer was called out. The offer is said to begin on September 5, 2016. For this you will need to the following steps and you can port your number to Jio 4G.
Steps for porting number to Reliance Jio:
- Send an SMS typing “PORT xxxxx” to 1900, here ‘xxxxx’ refers to your mobile number. The number you want to port to Reliance Jio should be the one you text from. You may be charged as per your SMS plans and then message will be conveyed.
- A Unique Port Code (UPC) will be sent to you within few seconds after you send the SMS regarding the port. This UPC will be valid for about 15 days(some may be less or more too sometimes) and this code will transfer you from old cellular to Reliance Jio.
- Now move to your nearest Reliance store (Reliance Digital, Digital Xpress etc..) and ask for a application form and now fill out all the necessary details in the given form.
- Now you will be asked to provide all the important documents like the ID Proof or Aadhar Card or PAN Card and passport size photographs of the one whose ID is being submitted. Now submit the form with the documents. You will be given a Jio 4G sim card which wont start until process gets completed.
- The porting process takes maximum of a week’s time so you will be with your current service provider until the porting process completes. This is just for 4-5 days mostly snd after that you will get an SMS saying that porting requested has been accepted.
- When your current operator network is gone away then you will come to know that you have successfully moved to Jio 4G.
- Now insert the sim card in your 4G enabled handset and you can now use Jio 4G with unlimited calls and unlimited sms. The data plans may be as per Reliance had announced.
So these were all the steps to port your number to Reliance Jio 4G. With this you will be getting great experience of web surfing and sms and calls too. Enjoy using 4G with the all new Reliance Jio 4G.
Check Reliance Jio Plans:
Reliance Jio Tariff Plans: